Sunday, March 13, 2011

A quiet Sunday morning

Do you have a favorite spot, outside of your house or studio, to sit and think, enjoy the quiet, read, observe, surf the net or just be? I do. 


For me it's a local Starbucks early on Sunday mornings. Arriving soon after opening ensures that it is me and the baristas for a bit.


Eventually, the early Sunday morning regulars arrive with books, laptops, Kindles or iPads in hand. We nod to each other and carry on in anonymity and quiet. 


 

The sound of the baristas chatting with each other, taking coffee orders and restocking supplies from boxes stacked on empty tables can be heard yet it's a comforting sort of white noise that is easily ignored. 

I think, resize photos for posting on my blogs as well as write the blog entries, plan what to do in the studio during those precious hours when my daughters are in preschool, catch up on my favorite blogs, etc. It's a totally self-indulgent time yet it's also valuable and valued. It helps keep me centered and sane. 

So, I'd like to hear...just what is your favorite spot to think and be?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...