Sunday, November 14, 2010

Philadelphia

I'm in Philadelphia for a weekend of relaxation, restoration and art. Yesterday was spent enjoying a quiet train ride down and then wondering around galleries and stores before dining at Fork.





 I loved this crocheted tree covering outside Minima on 3rd Street.






 Murals abound in Philly. 


 Bricks.

The combination of text, circles and texture in this piece by  

 I ventured upstairs to the classroom at The Clay Studio. 
A class was in session so no photos were taken, but the
it was the mosaic stairwell that held my interest.




After dinner at Fork, I managed to waddle back to the hotel...at 7:30 pm. I know...I'm a lightweight anymore. In my own defense, walking around exploring and gallery hopping for 5 hours wore me out. Add a very good dinner to the equation and I was very happy to relax in my room.

Today is the Philadelphia Museum of Art Craft Show. I'll be on total art overload by the time the train leaves tonight, but oh! what a way to overload.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...