Monday, May 14, 2012

Tannins continued

Thanks to all for the great the comments on the Tannins post. The exploration of green tea rusting has begun. #2 is currently wrapped and bundled and happily rusting away. It's a 60" x 72" piece of cotton so it may be a while before it's opened. Then again, my curiosity may just get the better of me...

Anca asked if I'd tried red tea. My answer when the query was posted was no, but guess what just happened to be in the pantry. Yep, a container of The Republic of Tea's Botswana Blossom Red Tea that I had tried and found not to be to my tastes. So...you know what's coming...

 steeping

soaking

I'll let the cotton soak for a day or two before wrapping and bundling around one of my rusty gears.

Speaking of wrapping, pop over to Flags for Peace Project - 2012 to see how I spent part of my day yesterday.

7 comments:

  1. So now I'm sitting here on the edge of my seat, staring into the screen as if somehow I can magically reveal, by staring, what happens next! As you say, then there's white tea...oh my goodness.
    And the flags! Fabulous! I so want to discharge stuff. Oh dear, fancy reading and seeing all this just as I head to bed - my brain will be spinning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the dreams you'll have tonight! No doubt you'll busily be discharging and brewing tea and rusting and maybe even discharging the rusted areas...all on deliciously colorful fabrics and papers, of course. Sweet dreams!

      Delete
  2. Well...you have certainly come out of your spring funk! Went over to look at the prayer flags as well...great stuff happening in CT! This has been a weird month for me...can't seem to get into the studio for long. There's been so much teaching and traveling to see family. Hoping that June is more productive as I have lots of loose ends to tie up...but enough about me! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look like the spring funk is history, doesn't it? In truth, it and it isn't. A part of it will keep me company until fall when the trees begin shedding their leaves and the green fortress no longer exists. Until then, i'll try to occupy my brain so it doesn't dwell on the closed in feeling more than necessary. By July, I should be okay.

      Now, can't you see a row of hamsas frolicking on the breeze at your house? I can. Seems fitting since you've been creating them lately. Now....get to work!

      Delete
    2. ok...okay...you're so bossy! Off to Star's..hope to find some "re" there today

      Delete
  3. this is just wonderful - i am with fiona - it sounds like something one must try... and i have oodles (yes, that is an amount!) of rusted street sweeper bristles that i could try... have been saving them for 'something' - and as yet, that something hasn't come to light...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rusted street sweeper bristles?!? Oooh...care to trade a few for some nicely rusted washers? Or sell a few? It would be fun to experiment with them. Whenever I'm in NYC, I have to admit to hoping to find a few, but as yet never have.

      Thank you for kind words. I'm enjoying exploring the world of rusting with teas. Enjoy!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...