Thursday, April 21, 2011

Sketchbook Project - Liz Davidson

One of my favorite blogs is that of Canadian artist, Liz Davidson. When I realized that she had participated in the Sketchbook Project, I knew that her sketchbook just had to be viewed.

So...after lazing around our hotel room most of the morning, just relaxing and blog surfing, Pam and I set off to Afterwards for brunch and then to the Hillyer Art Space to check out a few more sketchbooks.

First up was Liz's. Oh! What a treat! If my memory is working correctly, her theme was Your Name Here. The title of Liz's sketchbook is A Portrait of an Artist Eating an Apple.








One huge accordion book! It was truly amazing. Such a simple idea with enormous impact. I was mesmerized, as were all who passed by the table where Pam and I sat oohing and aahing over it. If you have the opportunity to visit the Sketchbook Project and check books out, make sure Liz Davidson's is on your list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...