Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Indigo #5

Today has been one of the rare days when I've had the whole day to be in the studio. One might ask if I really did spend all day in the studio as planned and the answer would be no. I have to admit to getting sidetracked for a bit. Had to watch last night's episode of Glee as well as Saturday night's Candice Tells All with designer Candice Olson on HGTV.

Once in the studio, I had a staring contest of sorts with the 3 indigo pieces hanging on the wall waiting for me to do something creative with them. I kept waiting for one of them to speak to me and they just hung there waiting patiently for me to do my artist thing. 

In the latest episode of Candace Tells All, Candice worked at creating a rhythm in the room being redesigned through the use of repetition. As I stood there in front of my design board, I kept hearing her talking about rhythm and repetition. So, I decided to try a little repetition of my own.


The little red beads were used on indigo #2 and will most likely appear again on another piece. My thought was that this whole piece is a remnant of something much larger such as a map or a pattern piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...