Thursday, April 22, 2010

My experimental cairn

Here are a few photos of the cairn. It's about 2 feet high but has aspirations of reaching a stately 6 feet. If an inanimate object can have aspirations, that is. Actually, I'm the one with the dreams of the cairn being 6 feet tall with another at 4 feet or so and yet another a bit smaller. So...maybe cairn 1 is the smallest.

Truthfully, I'm not sure I can manage to stack wrapped metal objects to the 6 feet level and have the cairn be interesting. It was difficult enough to stack this little fellow given the bundled up cotton and waxed linen thread tied around the various pieces. Still...



By the way, the two little urchins visible in the left of the above photo are my 3 year old twin daughters who keep me very busy and could be said to be the main culprits in the conspiracy to keep me out of the studio. Hopefully, the cairn will slip their attention and no toes will be crushed if they decide to unstack it. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...