Thursday, February 18, 2010

Ready to dye


Never in a million years would I have thought that one day I'd be readying to use the Jacquard Acid and Procion MX dyes for their intended use - on fabric. Once upon a time not so long ago, yet for 20+ years, these were my basketry dyes. When all of my weaving supplies were packed away and hauled to the basement, the dyes went as well.

The last time I dyed anything was over 4 years ago before we moved to Connecticut. I spent a week dyeing reeds in the basement because we were moving during the winter and was uncertain when there would be another chance to do so. Wet, colorful reeds were strung on twine tied to the metal poles in the basement to dry.

The basement was crisscrossed with thick lines of purple, 

yellow, 

red 

and pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...