Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Wordless Wednesday - updated

Well...not truly Wordless Wednesday because I'm just too curious to see if you can figure out what this floor is constructed of.



Care to guess? 

If you happen to follow my Instagram feed, you've probably seen the answer to this question. The mystery material is actually thousands of sticks of chalk laid out in a herringbone pattern. It is part of the Objects Like Us exhibition at the Aldrich Contemporary Art Museum in Ridgefield, Connecticut which ends today. 


8 comments:

  1. Becauae of the random cracks, I'd guess it's concrete.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No clue but it made me run grab my sketch book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My comment yesterday didn't stick, so I'll try again. I'd like to believe these are repurposed Amazon Prime mailing materials: cardboard boxes pulped and then compressed into bricks held together with a slurried glue of wrapping tape, plastic bags and bubble wrap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tell us, tell us! But I like Liz A's comment A LOT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like sand, moulded to look like a kin of paving brick.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...