Friday, May 29, 2015

6th Annual Artist Retreat - Thursday

Thursday in Oz began much the same way Friday is - rainy. And that's just fine because there's the most wondrous studio downstairs to spend the day in.


I decided to keep things fairly simple yesterday because there was this pesky little coptic stitch that needed to be worked out (fingers crossed - think I finally got!). The pages are some sort of rice paper that came on a roll from the local art supply store at home. 


While I jeopardized the sewing machine, not George, Pam started to print


on paper


and cloth.


She experimented with combining cloth and paper. Can you tell which is which?


And then the real magic began. I can't adequately describe just how much fun it is to watch 


when Pam puts ink on paper


 and begins to play.


We ventured out for lunch. If you're ever in the area, you've got to stop by 715. Get the cauliflower soup.


A quick stop in Sweet had me laughing 


over the messages on the tea towels.


This one nearly had me on the floor in fits. I will admit that there have been a few instances when my little urchins' antics had me speaking in tongues in response...only to think "OMG! That's just what my mother would say" seconds after the words left my mouth. As tempting as it was to take this little gem, I opted not to...yet.


Back in the studio, we worked away. Pam finished the 4th in the series that she's been working on this week while I began working in another sample book.


Thursday ended with a real treat - a skype session with our friend Fiona Dempster of Paper Ponderings. From Oz to Oz, the interpixies behaved well enough for us to chat and laugh, exchange stories and just visit in person/cyberspace for a bit.

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...