Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Philadephia - Misc

Philadelphia is a city filled with art. Not just galleries and museums, but art out in the open for all to enjoy. I was lucky at have had such wonderful weather for my jaunt to see FiberPhiladelphia and took advantage of it as much as possible by walking everywhere. Well, nearly everywhere. Did need to taxi to the Crane Arts Building.

This trip took me down streets and into new parts of town. I was continually stopping to admire and photograph murals.


If you'd like to see more of Philly's murals, click here.


 Tria menu

Philly is home to two, now three, of my favorite restaurants - Fork, Farmicia and Tria. I discovered Tria quite by accident and happily so. It's a wine bar extraordinaire with salads and desserts that are simply heavenly. The menu above is focused on the olive oil rosemary cake with blood orange sauce. As a lover of rosemary, it was just too tempting to resist. Next trip to Philly, guess what I'm having...again.

 The Rocky steps leading up the Philadephia Museum of Art
Yes, I momentarily...or secondarily...struck the Rocky pose at the top.

 The H from the Van Gogh signs hanging at the museum. 
The shadows were too much fun not to photograph.

 sculpture in front of museum


No trip to Philly would be complete without a shot of a crosswalk. I don't know what it is about the crosswalks there, but they have some of the most exquisite wear patterns.

FiberPhiladelphia continues officially through April with new exhibits opening almost daily. Don't be surprised if I venture back down...just for a day this time. Anyone care to join me if I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...