Sunday, December 31, 2000

Snow day

Who doesn't like a snow day every now and then? A day to play, to be a kid again? Make snow angels, go sledding, build a snowman, have a snowball fight? I enjoy all those activities, even more so now that I have children.

However...yes there is a monster of a however...not when Mother Nature decides to dump 15 or so inches of the white stuff on us not only two days before Halloween, but, to add insult to injury as the saying goes, on my birthday. If She had deigned to ask what type of weather I would have preferred, snow would not have been on the list, let alone in the top three.

Those along the northern east coast reading this know what's coming next. Reports of trees and tree limbs down, some falling on power lines. For the second time in two months, we are without power. In September, we were lucky and our power outage was for two days only. The temps outside were much warmer then too. Not sure we're going to be so lucky this time. Seems most of the state is in the same boat we are.

This is the long way of saying that it doesn't look like much art is going to be made at my house this week. I may post a few photos of the snow. Got one of my husband fixing breakfast on the grill yesterday midst the white stuff.

By the way, as I type this on my iPad, which has a long battery life, I feel the need to say thank you to Steve Jobs for his genius, creativity and ingenuity in creating such a great little device and all the other Mac products he pioneered. May he be having a snow day so he gets to play too.

Oh! Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...