Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Storytelling

Do you remember my "storytelling" piece? The one where I was playing with the idea of a story within a story? I finished stamping on the full piece a couple weeks ago.


It says a story of friends, a tale of friends and the letters are shaped by the words of several stories I wrote. One day, maybe they'll be posted here, but not yet.

Having completed stamping, I kept trying to figure out what the next step was. My friend Pam has no qualms about cutting her fiber creations into smaller pieces which often are more interesting than the whole so I decided to follow her lead and do the same.

Once I got over the fear of destroying the whole thing by making the wrong cut, the process was quick and painless. In the end, a story/tale of friends rendered eighteen 11" squares and thirty 5" squares.



Now I understand why Pam finds it so easy to cut larger pieces. This is definitely a case of the many being more interesting than the one. And the fun isn't over yet. Actually, while working on sketchbook pages today, I kept looking at these and wondering what kind of sketchbook they'd make. Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...