Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sketchbook Project complete

Did you hear someone breath a big sigh of relief today? If so, it was probably me. I sent my sketchbook off to the Art House Co-op today for inclusion in The Sketchbook Project. Phew! Got it in just under the extended postmark deadline of January 18. 

It was actually a bit scary to put the sketchbook in an envelope and hand it to the post office clerk. Once she took it, there was no turning back. No changing my mind and deciding to keep it. No being afraid that no one will want to view it. And no worrying that those who do view it will wonder what the devil the artist thought she was doing. 

Yes. Those things ran through my mind and nearly kept the sketchbook from being sent along its merry way. However, I'd signed up to participate in the project to challenge myself and push myself out of my comfort zone and succeeded in doing both. 

While there were things that I'd planned to do with the sketchbook that didn't get done - like write a story with only one or two words on each page - I'm pleased with the way it turned out. The Art House Co-op will post digital photos of the full book, but I wanted to share some of my favorite parts. 












No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...