Wednesday, April 21, 2010

In a funk

It's been a while since my last post. I'd like to say that it's because I've been jet setting around the world, but the truth is that I've been in a bit of funk lately and my funkness has kept me out of the studio...even though spending some quality time in the studio is exactly what the doctor would order as a cure for my state of mind.


Well, the doctor would have been proud of me today. I made my first visit ever to a junkyard - scrap metal yard, actually. Oh! The treats that awaited and cried out to be taken home. My love of rust has previously been confessed so it should come as no surprise that rusted elements were the focus of my treasure hunt. Just look at what I found.
















In case you're wondering what is in store for these lovely hunks of rust and metal, think no more. The plan is to wrap as many as possible in white cotton and waxed linen thread, stack them into a cairn somewhere in my yard and let Mother Nature do whatever she pleases for a month or so...well, at least for a week while we're on vacation.


A few were wrapped and stacked tonight, but I ran out of white cotton and darkness set in. I'll take a shot of the cairn tomorrow and post it. Can't wait to see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...