Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Rust part 2

We've had a lot of snow and wind lately in CT. Unlike where we lived in Virginia, the electrical lines, etc. here are above ground. That usually means that I say a little prayer each time the winds are very strong. Thankfully, we've lost power very few times in the 4 years that we've lived here.


The last round of winds knocked this wire contraption out of the lines above our mailbox. I admit to drooling a bit when I first spied it, then wondering if it had actually served a purpose up there in the wiring. If it did, it's a mystery what it was.


After leaving it out in the elements for the last two weeks so it could continue to rust, I brought it in today and wrapped it in damp white cotton before securing it in a baggie. I've promised myself not to open it until returning from the ACC Baltimore show Sunday night. Should make for some interesting patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...