Thursday, October 16, 2014

Searching for Roy G Biv 3 - White - Update #2

Welcome to October's installment in the search for Roy G Biv. As with the past few months, Julie and I are venturing outside the normal Roy G Biv alphabet to feature other colors. October's color is white.

Below are a mix of old and new photos. Enjoy!

found love in New York, last Sunday

Eye Beam, NYC


NYC gallery

stitching summit snow day in New Jersey

stamps used during day 4 of Sandra Brownlee's Tactile Notebooks and the Written Word 
at Big Cat Textiles, Newburgh, Scotland, August 2013

 paint on simulated mud, day 2 of Tactile Notebooks and the Written Word

 my typewriter

snow on rust

 Philadelphia crosswalk

backyard snow striations, 2013

 Philadelphia, 2012

 a cuppa in London, 2012

 NYC window

For more whites, stroll over to see what treasures can be found at Julie's Julie B Booth Surface Design. As usual, check back for updates as others join in the search.

-------------------------------

Stroll on over to see what delights Julie, Lisa, Maya and Sharmon are sharing.

-------------------------------

Eric of Cerulean and Mary Ann of Blue Sky Dreaming joined in the search for Roy this month. Hop on over to see their whites.

-------------------------------

November 20 - brown
December 18 - blogger's choice

17 comments:

  1. Wonderful assortment of white ... coffee, snow and roses are amazing! I have so enjoyed this search but can't help but ask ... another color , more searching?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary Ann!

      The extended search was my idea. The first 2 times Julie and I did this, we did back to back searches solely for Roy G Biv. I felt like I'd just taken red photos when it was time to do so again. So...I suggested a year long search rather than 7 months. We've yet to discuss its continuation so any suggestions are welcome. Enjoy!

      Delete
  2. Nice whites and what a wonderful photo of the snow in your backyard.
    I've just posted my whites on my blog. - eric

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eric! I live in Connecticut and we get plenty of snow. That year, the snows were always very light...and very windy. Made for a lovely surreal landscape in the backyard. Enjoy!

      Delete
  3. I tried to comment earlier today, Jennifer, but wasn't able to. You have a great selection of whites in unusual places - I would never have thought of coffee! Love the LOVE on the bricks. I posted my whites, also, as you already figured out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry about the snafu with comments! I'm glad you tried again.

      The LOVE chalked bricks in New York were a surprise last Sunday. I actually found two other places where someone (I'm assuming it was the same person as the writing looked the same) wrote other words on bricks. All good and very colorful. Thanks for playing along again!

      Delete
  4. I think the snow whites are my favourites, but eye beam is fab and the ampersand, and the crosswalk, and the feather, and...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the typographic whites this month! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. un grand plaisir de voir ce choix de blanc!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...un blanc immaculé.. et j'ai visité aussi les liens! superbe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely! Perhaps you'd like to join in the search sometime? It would be wonderful if you did. Enjoy!

      Lovely! Peut-être que vous souhaitez vous joindre à l'un certain temps de recherche? Ce serait merveilleux si vous avez fait. Amusez-vous!

      Delete
  8. As always, I enjoy your tour through the art, landscapes & other details that catch your eye. I love how the snow on rust looks like powdered sugar, and the snow striations like eroded stone...how sculptural those papers are...and I'm not even sure how those letters for Eyebeam were made - but wow!
    Thanks for the usual inspiring eye-opening, Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's good to be back this month with time to share and post and to seek out everyone's whites. All that snow and its patterns, in the warmth of a sunny autumn day, is beautiful. Will we think so in January, I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such nice whites and a few I remember myself, making me feel wistful this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some interesting whites some familiar like the little wooden blocks and some from a while back like the striations and layers in the snow.Very unusual whites.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...